Call of Duty is a fairly popular video game in the First Person Shooter (FPS) category, whose translation would be “First Person Shooters”. It has almost 20 years in the video game market. It was created by the Infinity Ward company and is distributed by Activision.
Over the years, Call of Duty has gained great popularity among the gaming community. However, thanks to the rise of e-sports, Call of Duty is not only a popular video game to have a good time with friends, but it has also become a sports discipline and, naturally, betting.
Betting on Call of Duty: what it is
Betting on Call of Duty is an activity that has become popular in recent years. Mainly, it consists of choosing a candidate for the winner and betting on him to win the game. However, it is not limited to this modality. It can be a player or a team. This is known as a straight bet.
In addition, we can get bets such as:
- Accumulator or Parlay: This bet is characterized by making multiple forecasts as if they were a single bet. To win, you need to hit all the chosen options. Thus, the profit margin is much higher. Logically, the risk is much higher than in a conventional bet.
- map winner: Call of Duty tournaments are played on multiple maps. However, in the “map winner” mode, the bettor only needs to guess who or which team will win on a map, regardless of whether they won the tournament.
- match winner: It consists of guessing which player or team wins the tournament, regardless of how many maps they have previously won.
- First murder or first blood: It consists of guessing which player or team will make the first loss to an opponent.
- total casualties: to win in this type of bet, you must guess the number of total kills that a team will make during the game or the map.
In addition, you can find other types of bets. For example, hitting the number of headshots, kill streak, number of bombs planted, rounds, highest score, etc.
Call of Duty League
The Call of Duty League or Call of Duty League is a professional e-sports league. This consists of a tournament point system and playoff format rather than the use of promotion and relegation. This style of play is quite popular in other e-sports. One of the main features is that players on the roster are guaranteed a minimum annual salary, benefits, and a share of profits and revenue sharing based on that team’s performance.
In the league, each game is played between two teams and consists of who will be the best of five through different games. These are based on game modes and maps.
The three multiplayer modes used by the Call of Duty League include:
- Search and destroy: Here, a team tries to plant a bomb and defend it at one of two checkpoints. On the other hand, the opposing team will try to eliminate the bomb team or, failing that, find the active bomb and defuse it.
- hard point: this game mode consists of appearing at a rotation control point on the map. Teams then earn points for maintaining control at that point.
- Domination: In this mode, three control points appear on the map, and teams are awarded points by maintaining control of one or more of these points.
In the case of Search and destroy Y Domination multiple rounds are played. In the process, the roles of each team are switched. On the other hand, in hard point It is played until a limit of points is reached. Subsequently, once a team has won three games in one match, the round is over and that team is victorious.
For the Call of Duty League, various teams from different parts of the world participate.
Tips for Beginners
It is always difficult to start betting, no matter what discipline. However, considering the wide variety of betting modes in Call of Duty, novice players are advised to start with betting on the winner of the competition.
Later, by gaining more experience, you can broaden your horizon to other forms of betting.
There are various strategies to place a bet with minimal risks. However, below, we will show you some that may be useful to you:
- Find a good bookmaker.
- Always look for the best odds.
- Follow the “Tipsters”, their experience can be very helpful.
- Look at the team with the best track record and don’t get carried away by favoritism.
- Avoid looking at the number of casualties of a team at the time of placing live bets. The number of casualties is not a complete indicator of success.
Match analysis will help you determine the possible causes of a team’s failure or success. With this information, you will learn the criteria to take into account for the next bets you make.
You can search for match analysis done by professionals in the game and learn from the criteria they take into account. Likewise, you can take a second look for yourself.
The best bookmakers to bet on Call of Duty
Finding a suitable bookmaker is a crucial part of the betting process. Of course, this is not an easy task, since there are many bookmakers, each with its advantages and disadvantages.
The most recommended, based on legality, bonuses, quotas, offer, commissions and means of payment are:
Similarly, in this list of Mexico betting apps you can detail each one in depth and choose the one that best suits you.