Hallelujah, PlayStation brothers! Discord has arrived on PS5. Now you can use the application through your PC and mobile. The process to achieve this is very simple, but it can be a bit confusing for those who have never linked these accounts or used the voice application. Next I tell you how to link your accounts and how to use it.
Link Discord and PlayStation accounts
It does not matter if you already had the accounts linked, you must repeat the process. Follow the next steps:
- Go to the PlayStation 5 Settings.
- Select the section in Users and Accounts > Linked Services > Discord.
- You have two options: use the QR code (I recommend having the Discord app installed) or access the Discord activation website and enter the code you see on the right on PS5. Now your accounts are linked and you should see Discord in the Authorized Applications section of your console.
When you finish this process, go to the Discord app and take a look at your linked accounts to check that everything is correct. Settings > Connections.
How to use Discord on PS5
Now that you have linked your accounts, leave your console in the main menu and pick up your mobile or PC. Remember to keep your headphones connected on PS5 so you don’t go crazy.
- You DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD the Discord app on PS5.
- Go to Discord (via web or app) on your mobile or PC.
- Start a call or join a voice group. Look for a icon with a mobile phone and a remote on Discord. It’s called “Transfer to Console” and “Transfer to PlayStation,” and accept the message that comes up. In both cases, the button in question is to the left of the “Mute” and “Disconnect” call buttons.
- And ready! You are already connected on call. A notice will appear on PS5 that you have joined a Discord call. To cut the connection, click on the same icon and select “Transfer to this device”.
As you can see, everything is managed by mobile or PC. You only have to pair once, but you will need to transfer the chat to the console each time you join a call or change voice groups.