With the recent relaunch of persona 3 portable for other platforms like Xbox, Nintendo and PC, it would be strange to believe that Atlus is preparing a remake of this third installment of the Persona series. However, rumors indicate that this year we will see news about Persona 3 Remake and, from SomosXbox, we will tell you 5 reasons why a Persona 3 remake is necessary regardless of the recent re-release of the Portable version.
While it is true that Persona 3 was the first installment in the saga to generate a Western audience, Persona 5 Royal was the title of this series that really expanded the horizons of Atlus.. I mean, many more players are familiar with the saga thanks to this fifth installment than its predecessors, so they are more familiar with its visual style and game mechanics. Knowing this, we can start with the first reason why Persona 3 needs a remake.
5 reasons why a Persona 3 remake is necessary
- Persona 5 completely changed the perception of the saga: Although it is true that Persona 3 and 4 share many common elements that identify them as SMT: Persona games, the most recent installment of this saga made important changes in terms of combat mechanics and the social section of the game.
- Persona 3 Portable is still a PSP version: Many players dreamed that Atlus would one day release a remaster of Persona 3 FES (The extended version of the original P3 with an “open” world to explore) with some elements implemented in P3P, thus being the best version of the third installment. However, what we received was an HD version with the odd addition for a version of the game aimed at PlayStation Portable, a title that is already showing its age.
- Persona 3’s combat system is slow: Yes, Persona 5 is one of the main reasons why Atlus should make a remake of P3, since the combat system of the last installment is much more dynamic and understandable for any type of audience. While Persona 3 sticks to the roots of Shin Megami Tensei, the saga from which Persona derives, which is much more hostile to the player.
- Social Links in Persona 3 are expendable: In Persona 5 the Social Links became “Confidants”, a system to socialize with the characters we meet during the story and obtain different skills that extend the game experience as we improve the level of Confidant. However, in Persona 3 Social Links, apart from giving us a bit of history on each character, don’t serve much purpose beyond increasing the experience received from fusing Personas. So, giving P3’s Social Links a twist would be best for a remake.
- Persona 3 needs a makeover: Persona 3 looked great at the time it was released, but I can’t deny that the original game needs a visual change to adapt to new times. I’m not talking about changing the era it’s in chronologically, replacing flip phones with smartphones, but rather giving it a more of a Persona 5 Royal. Both menus and the visual aspect in the open world are just some of the points that made the fifth main installment shine, so Persona 3 Remake should imbibe a bit of Atlus’s best blockbuster qualities.
These 5 reasons why a Persona 3 remake is necessary are just our opinion. If we leave out any important point that Atlus should take for a supposed Remake, you can mention it in the comments. We remind you that Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and the most recent Persona 5 Royal are fully available on xbox game pass and PC Game Pass.