The series of The Last of Us does not stop and the seventh episode of the HBO production is already with us. The adaptation of the trip joel and Ellie introduces us to the events of left behind, the unforgettable DLC that focused the action on the young woman’s past. As usual, it is time to collect all the references, details and curiosities that we can see on the screen.
ATTENTION SPOILERS: from this moment on, the events of the series and of the video games will be discussed openly.
All the references and curiosities of the seventh episode of The Last of Us
- After the injury that Joel suffered at the end of the last chapter, we can see how Ellie has taken him to the garage of a house next to the horse. That is precisely what she does in the video game, although before, in the virtual version, they had taken refuge in a shopping center.
- Phaedra’s Captain Kwong gives Ellie a talk about the future she can have. The keys that he places on the table have a key ring that shows the paw of a dog, that is, the distinctive Naughty Dog logo.
- The first book of jokes, No Seconds written by Will Livingston, is found on Ellie’s nightstand. In her room we can find many references to her hobbies. For example, we see dinosaurs like a triceratops, posters referring to space or lunar cycles, as well as the comic she is reading, which is her favorite, Savage Starlight. The poster right above Ellie’s bed is the one from inner spacethe film best known in Spain as the miraculous chip. We can also see a Mortal Kombat II poster and music cassettes with themes like take on me from A-Ha.
- The mystery of why Ellie has a scar on her right eyebrow is partially solved. As she and Riley mention, it’s due to an incident they had at a 7-Eleven. It is an American supermarket line.
- Riley and Ellie find a bottle of alcohol., which they appropriate to try a few drinks. In the video game, Riley is the one who already has a liquor saved for the occasion, which we can accept or reject.
- At various times we see how Ellie’s flashlight stops working and she must hit it to continue projecting light. This is a nod to the PS3 titlesince in certain situations we had to shake the DualShock 3 so that the light was restored in the flashlight.
- Dawn of the Wolf Part 2 is a fictional movie from the universe of The Last of Us that we can see a couple of times in the first game and in The Last of Us Part II. It is a reference to the Twilight saga and a poster of the film reappears in the series.
- Just like in the Left Behind DLC, Riley and Ellie are enjoying the mall. They ride the merry-go-round, strike all kinds of poses in the photo booth, and play games in the arcade.
- Precisely in the arcade Raja’s Arcade we can see multiple classic video games. To name a few, we have Tetris, Daytona USA, Final Fight, joust and galaga. However, Ellie is clear that she wants to play Mortal Kombat II, arcade machine that replaces The Turning. In the game Ellie imagined that she was playing, since the machine was broken, but here she really enjoys a couple of fights with Riley.
- Riley is in charge of giving Ellie the second part No Seconds, the book of jokes that will torment Joel in the future.
- They both sneak into the Halloween costume shop and don the same masks they wear in the video games. Over there they start dancing to the rhythm of I got you babeone of the great themes of the artist etta jameswhich Ellie likes and which she carries on her Walkman.
- Finally we see how Riley and Ellie simply wait for the cordyceps to kill them after being bitten. Riley delivers her unforgettable “we could get poetic and lose our minds together” line.