We have been wanting more Hogwarts Legacy. Most of us who have played have the same opinion: the game has a lot of expansion potential in different sections… and I don’t just mean the quidditch (also), I already see you coming from afar.
After a hundred hours played and many exchanges of opinions, I’ll tell you everything we’d like to see in Hogwarts Legacy in the future… even though Avalanche Software has said they have no plans to introduce post-launch content. But hey, dreaming is free and that’s why we’re here.
WARNING: this publication contains gutting Hogwarts Legacy
As Sherlock Holmes would say: “Elementary, dear Watson“. He quidditch He has been the great absentee from Hogwarts Legacy and the director’s excuse is not worth three peppers. Avalanche Software, we are going to work a little more on the excuses for a possible Hogwarts Legacy 2. In VidaExtra we have explained in detail why he is not present, reviewed his magical history and how it could be in Hogwarts Legacy.
In addition, the game has quidditch kits for each of the houses, which are achieved by finding the 20 Landing Platforms. We even have clothes, what would it have cost them to add the sport at least as a minigame?
Plants and Crops Expansion
if you like the herbology, I’m sure this expansion will excite you. Hogwarts Legacy has a very limited number of plants and a very shallow growing system. It’s not bad, mind you, but it could be better. All we can do is buy the seeds, plant them in the Room of Requirement, compost them to improve the process, and harvest them.
An expansion with more plants, detailed descriptions and expansion of uses beyond potions would be a complete success. And what new uses could we give to plants?
- Groceries– Some could be ingested directly to restore a small portion of health, give us a small increase in spell regeneration, or temporarily increase the cast speed of standard attacks. Another example: Gill algae and the possibility of diving.
- throwing: in the same way that we have the Chinese Chewing Cabbage, Mandrake and Poisonous Tentacle, we could have other plants such as a “Mini Whomping Willow” or fruits that when thrown generate toxic, sleeping or paralyzing clouds, for example.
- Specials for animals: plants and fruits that we can give to different animals. Let everyone have their preference and be able to put feeders with different plants and fruits. Once added, they produce it infinitely. Giving the indicated food to each animal could increase the materials it gives you.
In addition, the expansion could include new content for the Room of Requirement: from new tables to cultivate to a new room (right as you enter) in the form of a greenhouse. It could also include the decorative plant summoning spell.
Animals Expansion: Breeding, Materials, and Pets
TO Hogwarts Legacy It needs more animals (magical and non-magical to add) and a bestiary like in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. When I say bestiary, I mean an area in the menu with detailed information:
- Description of each animalwhere to find it, behavior…
- Favourite food (continuing with the expansion of plants and ingredients)
- Materials that contribute.
The magical world has many animals that could be added to the open world and not just appear in their homes. For example, there could be more exotic animals and unique like the Fenix that had their own secondary missions. In addition, it would add the possibility of capturing other existing non-magical animals such as deer, rabbits and fireflies.
The Room of Requirement has more spaces to add nurseries for animals, so it wouldn’t be bad to have a couple more of them (snowy and underwater, for example) and more summoning spells for their care.
Finally, Hogwarts Legacy It should allow us to have a pet beyond the Room of Requirement to accompany us on our adventures around the castle and outdoors. Owls and cats would be ideal, and the best thing is that they are already in the video game.
Potions and Ingredients Expansion
Plants and potions go hand in hand. As we add expansions for plants and animals, why not propose adding an expansion for potions and ingredients? We could get more plants, animal materials, and ingredients by growing, breeding, and exploring the world.
The magical universe has a potion list quite long. Some examples that could be added to Hogwarts Legacy are:
- fire breath potion: Whoever consumes it can launch a breath of fire in combat.
- animagus potion: transforms the user into an animal that reflects their personality and traits. To adapt it to the game, each player can transform into their home animal during combat or to explore, for example. The animagus mechanic could arrive alongside the animal expansion.
- Antidote: protects and acts against specific ailments. In Hogwarts Legacy it could remove altered effects like burning and poisoned, for example. These effects could come with an expansion of combat.
The expansion could rethink potion brewing: select the ingredients instead of directly selecting the potion. This method would make sense of buying/learning a recipe: it would always be available to see what ingredients we need.
Combat Expansion: Spells and Status Ailments
The combat of Hogwarts Legacy It’s a lot of fun, but it needs two things to be brutal: more spells and altered states. This expansion would add new teacher tasks and research side quests to learn more spells. Some examples could be:
- aguamenti either aqua burp: Generates a stream of water from the wand.
- Alarte I will ascend either ascended: Launches the target into the air vertically.
- arania exumai: repels spiders.
- atabrachium: ties the hands of the enemy.
- expecto patronum: generates a patronus. This spell would be ideal for the inclusion of new enemies such as the Azkaban Dementors who, surprise, are already in Hogwarts Legacy.
Altered states have no mystery. That the enemies and we can suffer states such as burn and poison, for example. Hogwarts Legacy already has levious and frozen states, even though they are not rendered as state ailments as such. The expansion of potions could provide a solution to how to remove these ailments.
Black Lake Expansion
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire taught us that the black lake It is an interesting place to discover. The expansion of the Black Lake could include the possibility of diving into Hogwarts Legacy and a new underwater area to explore with new animals, enemies, plants and ingredients, history…
In fact, the game has a side mission which refers to the tensions between the intelligent creatures of the underwater world and those on land. A student aspires to improve those relationships. An expansion with a story based on this idea does not seem unreasonable to me and it would not be complicated integrate it into the base story of the game. We are talking about a magical world, so there would be no problem adding areas where diving is not required.
Hogwarts Legacy mentions the existence of the large creature that lives in the Black Lake, which could be another special new animal to rescue with its own mission to add to our collection in the Room of Requirement. An underwater nursery would be ideal for this case.
Hogwarts Legacy It has several tombs and missions that serve as dungeons. In this context, it would not be crazy to add linear dungeons with their own quests and rewards (clothing, equipment, spells and more).
The Azkaban Prison could be the first dungeon to overcome and in which we learn the spell expecto patronum. A good adaptation of the spell would be for the patronus to take the shape of the animal in our house, for example.
The limits for crafting dungeons are set by Avalanche Software, but they could also choose many locations from the Harry Potter universe. The Chamber of Secrets It could be another example, even if it wasn’t quite in line with the lore of the original franchise.
Other expansions that would be more than welcome
- multiplayer mode It is an essential first stop. The prospect of teaming up with a friend to complete the campaign and explore sounds sweet. The mods have already shown that it is possible. In addition, the online mode could allow us to leave messages to other players like in Death Stranding or Elden Ring.
- Night and Prefects Expansion: In both Hogwarts Legacy and Harry Potter, it is forbidden to wander around the castle and outside at night. It would not be bad if on Hard difficulty there were specific areas of the castle guarded by Prefects. Library, exits, patios and little else. If you get caught, you’d show up in your common room.
- Photo Mode Expansion and New Game Plus. It doesn’t have much to explain. The NG+ increases the difficulty and allows you to choose another house at the start.
- Expansion for the Room of Requirement: all the rooms mentioned in the rest of the expansions, summoning spells to put passages (Passway of the one-eyed witch, for example), a training area with dolls and the possibility of inviting other players to your room to see it. And it wouldn’t hurt to be able to interact with the furniture to sit on chairs and store ingredients and equipment in trunks.
As I have told you, all this is dreaming. Avalanche Software has made it clear that it has no plans to add any updates, expansions, or DLCs. However, they might change their minds in the future or take notes for Hogwarts Legacy 2. In any case, here are our wishes. What other expansions do you want? Tell us in comments.